Every corporate entity is a citizen of the place where it is located. Participating in the local community giving is a far reaching experience which enriches our employees way beyond just the act of giving. Participating in these social citizenship activities promotes team work and camaraderie not easily developed within the four walls of the office.
Selectiva has a healthy employee driven corporate participation program in a variety of charities and global non-profit programs that work towards encouraging literacy in many developing countries. These programs were identified by Selectiva employees. These global non-profit programs receive annual contributions and the intent is to continue such and similar charities as employees identify charities and global non-profits that make a difference.
– Selectiva has supported India Literacy Project – ILP (www.ilpnet.org) with annual charitable contributions as well as specific fund raising events of ILP since 2008.
– Selectiva has supported the Srivali Trust (www.chitrapurmath.net) which is a literacy initiative focused on education in smaller villages in India. Specifically, Selectiva supports the ‘Sponsor a Student’ initiative by starting with 5 students in 2008 and steadily increasing by 5 every year.The success of the program is shared thru the following link (www.chfusa.org). We at Selectiva closely track the success of the program and ensure visits to the site to get a firsthand look at the results being delivered.
Selectiva employees participate in a variety of organized corporate/social/personal citizenship activities, some of the activities that employees have embraced and are further encouraged to participate in volunteering are:
- One brick at a time – www.onebrick.org
- Second Harvest Food Bank of San Mateo and Santa Clara county – www.shfb.org
- Habitat for Humanity (East Bay/Silicon Valley) – www.habitatebsv.org
- Maitri (San Jose, CA) – www.maitri.org
- Asha at Stanford University (Palo Alto, CA) – www.ashanet.org
These are some of the charities that Selectiva employees have been associated with. In addition we volunteer with many other business, socio/religious and similar organizations in fund raising, and volunteering for various causes throughout the year.